Sunday, April 13, 2014

2014 Resolution Update

4 months have passed since anyone has made his or her New Year's resolution. What better way to spend my free time than to look back and review my progress.

So one of my resolutions was keeping contact with my friends. Well, I wouldn't say I'm doing great on that but I did spend one or two meals with a friend. It was nice to see where we are all going in life. There were many events that forcibly change our goals. Financial issues or a change of interest. Life will always be a mystery and it is nice to know that I'm not the only one lost (but I'm probably the only one without an actual life plan yet).

Getting motivation and bringing my creativity up was harder than I thought. After sacrificing my hobby times for studying times in college, it's really hard to find my artistic self again. Maybe it was the 4-year studious schedule that got me into a somewhat boring habits. Or maybe I'm just not the same old me back from high school. Back when I don't really care too much about my grades and how my life will go (because I thought college was the answer to everything). Oh well. I just have to leave that and see how it goes.

Nail biting! That went well...for 3 months and now I got back to the habit again. In a way, I got to see how my nails look when they were long. So what did I do? I decided to wear fake nails. I can't deny it. This really helps as long as the plastic stays on. How long will it take to break the habit entirely? I'm not sure. I still don't know why I have this habit to begin with but hopefully it will go away.

Last, keeping this blog alive. Uhh... it's alive I guess, depending on how you see it. Honestly, I still haven't touch my dA page (lack of creativity and lack of a scanner). For instagram, I originally wanted to just post up other creations I made such has my cooking or some 3D art projects. Sadly I don't have time for that. I didn't even write any stories when I said I would. Even now, I don't think I would. The synopsis for my story was a demon king was granted vacation time on present-day Earth after working for who knows how long. He is now in this world with no cultural knowledge of this current generation. Each chapter was suppose to be presented like an episode of a TV show, with the king learning something new each time. Examples include learning about technology, living style, what humans are attracted from the opposite genders, etc. Basically it's like learning a whole new culture. There was a short written storyboard extending up to 10 chapters (I think). However, as much as I want to write it, I can never find an ending to the story. That's why I gave up on it. Maybe I will get back to it one day but for now, I find it cliche and boring.

Well, that's my progress on my New Year's revolution. Can't say I'm doing so well. Besides that, I did end up with 2 part time jobs. Hopefully I don't lose either of them, and get a better full-time in the future. Good luck to everyone who is still working on their resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment