Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My phone is a good size

So several months ago, my dad bought me a Samsung Galaxy Note. He wanted to buy something for me that may assist me for my future job (what ever that may be). He offered that I either take an Ipad 2 or the Galaxy Note. Now I understand many people would argue whether the Galaxy Note or the Ipad 2 was a better choice. Sadly, I didn't care that time. My old cellphone was lagging at a horrible rate. I couldn't even text back my friends on time. If you are stuck between getting a phone or a tablet and your old cellphone sucked, why wouldn't you take the new phone?

So after I got my lovely Galaxy Note, I was bombarded with questions by friends and sometimes strangers. One in particular that was constantly asked was: "Isn't that phone a bit big?"  It is true that this phone is a lot bigger than my previous one. My previous phone was not much bigger than the size of my palm. It took some time getting used to the drastic change in size but honestly, I think the size is fine. Has anyone seen the old mobile phones before the 1990s? Now those are huge mobile phones and all they do is make phone calls. Those things are like bricks! No GPS, no music players, no internet, no text. If you check even older ones, they are so big, it is like carrying a payphone. I'm not saying they were useless because those phones are what led to our cellphones today. I really appreciate that. However, because of their size, I can never say that my current phone is too big. Not only is my current phone a tad bit shorter than my hand (by a few millimeters), it is a smartphone. It is literally my personal digital assistant (PDA, does anyone still use that term today?). While some of people may complain about its size, I'm just laughing how phone design are going back in time, growing larger instead of smaller. If the size is such a problem, just go use Bluetooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment