Thursday, October 4, 2012

Holiday #1: Monsters, Witches and Ghouls! Oh my!

Halloween is coming soon! The holiday of diabetes from candies and heart attacks from frights! A time to talk about what we want to dress up as and what we're really afraid of! Who doesn't love Halloween?

Halloween is not really a holiday my family would celebrate. However, giving out candy to cute little trick-or-treaters was something we don't want to miss out. It was always adorable to see the smiles on little children. (Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think those cute little smiles are family's weakness.) Anyways, one can't go through Halloween and give out treats without following the real deal of the holiday: dressing up. Ever since 1st grade, I dress up as a witch. It's a decent costume and anyone can look fine in. Of course I got tired of it for a while and tried other costumes, but the witch costume always remain as back up.

Halloween is definitely a holiday based on fun, at least in today's society. Now I understand there must be some crazy serious history behind this holiday, but it will be hard to find people who doesn't celebrate this holiday just for candy, fun, and frights. In my opinion, Halloween is the only time where everyone can literally be anyone. Everyone gets to act childish for one night before ultimately falling back into reality.

What's your favorite Halloween memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment