Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Beginning

My cute snowmen!
I survived 12/21/2012! Just joking. I never believed in that. Regardless of that myth, Christmas is over and New Year is coming. What does this mean? It's time to make a new goals list that we probably won't follow and end up ignoring again. Well, as much as I like to joke about that, it's probably true to most of us. So how do we motivate ourselves to follow that list? As a college student, it is a bit hard to find motivation to keep working without feeling like a robot or a number among many. In these situations, I "look back." I have to thank Christmas for this. After the Christmas family reunion, I realized what my parents tried teaching me a while back.

Why do we work so hard? What motivates us to keep moving on? Answer: the next generation. I saw my younger cousins, what used to be my younger self. We all work to help the next generation, to provide and keep improving society. As I watch my younger cousins playing my PS3, I can't help but wanting to spoil them even though they sometimes create trouble for me. Many times we have to look back to see how far we have gotten to motivate us to move forward. We don't want our sacrifices to go in vain nor do we want to give up our pride and give up. So we keep moving forward, continue hoping that something good would come out of our hard work. If it doesn't come in great scale such as affecting society, at least we are saving up to provide our future selves and our descendants (if we have any) a more comfortable living. Never forget what we work for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment