Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Childhood #2: School Uniforms

I always love school uniforms. Sometimes I wonder why the public schools in the US never had school uniforms (dress code doesn't count). Usually out of all my friends, I'm one of the few who would support having uniforms. I guess my reasons are bit on the selfish side. With school uniforms, I wouldn't have to figure out what to wear each day. Also it would be easier to schedule laundry days. Oh well, my reasons just leads to my laziness. What can I say?

There are some down sides to having school uniforms. Most likely the girls will have to wear skirts. I remembered back in my elementary school, I used to wear skirts. However, it wasn't convenient during recess. At some point, my parents got me to wear pants to school instead. I remembered how I was the only girl to wear pants for a period of time which did felt really awkward. On the other hand, it was easier to play during recess. Fortunately, the school uniforms changed and soon everyone wears either shorts or (as my parents will call it) trousers. I'm not trying to say uniforms are all that good but it was a nice experience. Plus I look nice. Funny thing is because I used to wear uniforms to school, now I have no sense of fashion. I just don't understand it that easily. Hehehe... I guess uniforms are not as sweet as they're supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment