Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 New Years Resolution

For those of you who read my previous entry, I'm sorry. Rereading the entry, I found it like a rant than an actual formal entry. Also my blog was meant to help remember happy times. We should not focus too much on angry times (as you can tell, it still enrages me). So I'm sorry if my entry brought up any of your unpleasant memories. That's not what I wanted. We should always keep looking forward and only occasionally remember the past for our sanity's sake. That said and now being a new year, it's time to make another New Years resolution. So here are my 2014 News Years resolution.

#1. Bring back my creativity and motivation.
~I realized that during my college years, motivation and creativity had diminished greatly. With many classes involving studying with facts, it was hard to fantasize anything without pushing physics and biology into them. All research done must have credible resources and support. This had a great impact on my creativity. I used to draw and sketch every month. Plus I had a DeviantArt page. I knew many friends who had an dA page but already gave up on them. I still am proud to keep mine but it was neglected for quite some time already. I want to take on that hobby again. Plus I hope this hobby will also bring my motivation and daily mood up.

#2. Maintain relationship with my current friends.
~Another school over. That means there is no real need to meet up with my friends besides the plain desire to hang out. I want to keep my friends and my mistake from high school had hurt me. Now I'm making sure to put some effort because friendship does have a price (even if it's just a little).

#3. Grow out my nails.
~I will admit it. When I was young, I bite my nails regularly. Even if the habit stop, I'm still used to very short nails. My family isn't very happy about my habit. My sis even decided to glue fake nails on my nails just so I could get used to them (and keep a habit of having them longer). Having long nails isn't really a bad thing. It is not killing me. However, right now, they are really inconvenient (even typing this entry took longer than it should). Oh well, it looks more tidy to have longer nails, just maybe not as long as these fake nails I'm wearing. I'll just have to figure out a manageable length. Besides, nail polishes are always cute.

#4. Keeping this blog.
~This is probably the most lenient resolution. I would really like to keep this blog going. However, it will depend greatly on my workload. I already want to revive my dA page. I also want to have a try in writing stories and having Instagram. Plus I don't know how my employment will go. That is a lot of stuff to keep in check. Still it's nice to find ways to keep myself busy. Hopefully I will find a way to manage all of them.

I am not a real fan of resolutions since one must need a lot of motivation to keep up with it. However, my sis gave me a tough line: "There is no such thing as having no time. You make the time." Now sadly, she was commenting on my exercising habits but that advice can actual go with anything. And it makes complete sense. Everything takes [at least some] effort. So don't sacrifice any of your resolutions. Always try your best and make time for it... unless you are working several jobs and making anymore time means sacrificing sleep. No one should ever sacrifice sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment