Thursday, November 8, 2012

Night of the Living Dead

Zombies, zombies, zombies! Who has never heard about them and their cause? Whether it is caused by radiation, disease, or black magic, we all can't deny we have a subconscious fear of the dead rising to life. With all this zombie talk, one can't help but wonder what zombies might be like if they do exist. From all the zombie movies I have watched so far (not so many if you are a zombie fan), I have a good picture on what I don't want from a zombie.

#1: Fast Running zombies
I realized that we all feel safe because we assume zombies can't run. I had that idea too until I watched Zombieland. Although that movie itself doesn't scare me, the zombies themselves were enough to knock my soul out of my body. I myself am a very slow runner and seeing how there's a chance that zombies can run fast, it really taught me to keep my cardio up. I don't like to exercise really but this movie reminded me how life still follows the rule of "survival of the fittest." Want to survive in a zombie apocalypse? Learn to run.

#2: Clubbing zombies
No, I don't mean clubbing as in going into a dance club. I rather deal with Michael Jackson's "Thriller" zombies any day over this type of zombie. When I say clubbing zombies, I meant zombies who know how to use clubs and rocks as weapons. It may be a rare idea. The zombies we know in our current era usually use their teeth and bodies to attack, infecting their prey to be one of them. Not to mention power in numbers, it's almost like one ant fighting another ant colony by himself. However, once I watched Night of the Living Dead (1968), it really got me thinking. That was the first time I saw zombies' using table legs and rocks as clubs. There was even a small scene in the beginning of the movie where the zombie seems to know how to open the car door (although the scene is debatable since the door was locked and never opened). Still the concept was stuck in my brain. Think about it. The movie may only show zombies' using clubs but what if they can use other weapons. What if they know how to open doors properly? That is some scary shit. I just pray zombies don't learn how to use guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment