Sunday, November 25, 2012

Holiday #2: To be thankful for a thankful holiday

I'm sorry for disappearing for two weeks. I had two big Thanksgiving events for each week to prepare for. With college and two events to deal with, I didn't have the time to type anything. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can get back to my regular schedule.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I find the time of this holiday to be quite interesting. Everyone knows Thanksgiving occurs before Christmas, and most importantly before Black Friday. Thanksgiving is a holiday for being thankful for the things we have yet the next day everyone is clawing for the best deals in stores. Some even buy things that they probably won't ever need. Did everyone forget what they just said they were thankful for the day before? I'm not trying to say we can't want things. In fact, I bet there a lot of people who understands what I'm actually saying. But for those who don't often think about this idea, remember to want and buy modestly. The last thing everyone wants is to waste more money on the day that was create to help us save.

No comments:

Post a Comment