Monday, April 1, 2013

Rain, Rain... Go Away... Come Again Another Day

It is finally April. What does it means? April showers, of course! Depending on what type of person you are, you may either enjoy the rain or you fully hate it. Either way, it is the time of year where mother nature takes her course and water her land to bring in new life.

I have a love-hate relationship with rain. In Hong Kong, rain is very common. It rains in the spring. It rains in the summer. It rains in the fall and winter too. It is a full year of rain in Hong Kong (either that or harsh humidity). No matter what season, Hong Kong can bring in rain. In worst cases, a typhoon can come instead of rain. For those of you who never experience such storm, typhoon is like the sky decided to not sprinkle water on you, instead gives you a whole bucket all at once. If the typhoon last long enough, it may even flood in Hong Kong. This is not the reason why I dislike the rain. My main reason is that because it rains so often in Hong Kong, I rarely get to see the sun and clear sky. Also I feel rain is not necessarily counted as clean water. Call me a freak if you like but I feel dirty if I'm wet from the rain.

The rain is not always bad. If it was raining outside and I was indoors, I feel very comfortable and cozy with a cup of hot tea and a movie to watch. Raining weather became relaxing time (with the exception of finishing papers and studies). Also after moving to California, seeing a full rain storm is close to never. So sometimes when I do see rain, I feel both love and hatred for it. I know rain is an uncommon sight now so I still treasure the scenery. Mother nature has a way to toy with my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment