Thursday, January 24, 2013

Childhood #3: Mommy is rich!

So there are many events in my past that I don't remember clearly. It is either I was too young to remember or it became a "unimportant" memory according to my brain. My parents decided to tell me one of those memories because they were somewhat proud of it.

One day, my sister wanted something from a store. It was either a candy or a toy, something that requires payment. However, she was upset because she didn't know how to obtain such money. Now just to be clear, my sister was only around 2 or 3 years old and I was 4 or 5. I proudly stated, "Don't worry. Mommy is rich. She sticks a card in this machine and money comes out." My parents laughed after I said that. They said they were proud for my being observant and creating a correlation. My present self is currently thinking how stupid I was to not know what an ATM machine is. Either way, if someone were to tell me a similar story about his or her own children, I would definitely find that adorable. Children have such wild imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment