Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Inspiration: To The Moon

So why the title "Always Remember" ? And why the description? It seems quite obvious. I want to remember thoughts and moments in my life. Sadly, my brain is not that good with details and I do tend to forget things easily. So exactly why this theme you ask again?

Let me introduce you to a video game that brought up this whole blogging/memory idea. It's called To The Moon. It is a short PC game about two doctors whose job is to create artificial memories for the dying patient. The dying patient can call on these doctors to fulfill his or her last wish. The doctors then rearrange the patient's memories so his or her last wish is fulfilled (in the virtual world). In this episode, the patient wants to go to the moon so the doctors travel in his memory to let him go to the moon by any means necessary.

It may seem like a simple puzzle game. However the message of the story is very deep. The first time I heard  about this game, it was rumored that every single person that played it had cried. I got curious about how such a video game can actually bring such emotions. What did I do? I went cheap (sorry guys). I decided to watch the walkthrough on Youtube. Sadly, I can't deny that the game brought me to tears. It made me realize that memories are what makes life special. It makes us who we are today. For this reason, I titled this blog based on that game. It is to remind me (and hopefully you) that our goals are all similar. However, the goal is not worth it without its obstacles. That's why every once in a while, it is good to just look back and appreciate what we gain.

Here's the link to the game's website: http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/

If you played (or watched :P) this game, I hope you feel the same way too. If you haven't, I highly recommend you at least watch the walkthrough online. It is $12 for download. I know the puzzles seem boring but the story is worth it. I definitely look forward to the sequel and will purchase it if I have enough to spare (I'm on a serious tight budget as a college student). There are no updates on it yet so we'll just have to wait on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment